Stage 1: Ideas Competition
- $2,000 AUD per finalist team (up to 3 teams)
- Popular Vote: $500 AUD per team (awarded to the winning team of the popular vote)
- Student Prize: $500 AUD per team (only available for teams made up entirely of students (full-time or part-time).
Stage 2: Concept Development
The winning team of the overall Competition will receive the following prize package:
- Return economy flights from Australia to the 2019 ULI Asia Pacific Summit in Shanghai (for up to 4 team members)
- Twin share accommodation for up to 5 nights during the 2019 Asia Pacific Summit (for up to 4 team members)
- Entry to the 2019 ULI Asia Pacific Summit in Shanghai at which the winning team will present their idea (for up to 4 team members)
- Total team cash prize of $2,000 AUD
The members of the 2018 Urban Innovation Ideas Competition winning team will also be invited to register at their own cost to attend ULI Australia’s 2019 Young Leaders Group Study Tour of Shanghai, which is to be held immediately prior to the ULI Asia Pacific Summit over a duration of approximately three days. Note: the cost of the Study Tour is not included in the prize for the 2018 Urban Innovation Ideas Competition.