Originated in the United States 85 years ago, the Urban Land Institute (ULI) is the leading non-profit urban research and education organisation focused on responsible use of land, with more than 46,000 members worldwide and 2,800 members in Asia Pacific. Members, both individual and corporate, represent all disciplines active in real estate and urban development from public and private sectors, including architects, developers, investors, and urban planners.
ULI’s mission is to shape the future of the built environment for transformative impact in communities worldwide, delivered through a wide variety of events, awards, and thought leadership.
This position, reporting directly to President of ULI Asia Pacific, will be the staff lead in major events strategic planning, management, progamme development and fund raising for the region.
Event Development and Management
- Lead the planning, delivery, and enhancement of the annual ULI Asia Pacific Summit. Serve as member of Summit planning committee.
- Plan and oversee the implemention and management of major ULI events in Asia Pacific, including the major national conferences in each market.
- Support and direct strategic regional event initiatives as appropriate, including national conferences
- Advance new approaches and products to developing high-quality content and programs for events that emphasize value, member engagement, and ensuring alignment with ULI’s mission and priorities.
- Generate new event opportunities that are aligned with ULI’s mission and priorities
Sponsorship, Business Development
- Collaborate closely with SVP Corporate Partnerships to identify and recruit sponsors and fundraising partners to support ULI Asia Pacific regional events and initiatives
- Coordinate business development, sponsorship/fundraising, and corporate relationships for regional events between ULI Asia Pacific and ULI Global
- Collaborate closely with President and SVP Corporate Partnerships to create and implement the strategic objectives of the Asia Pacific fundraising and business development plan.
- Develop, present, and manage ULI Asia Pacific regional event annual operating budgets and business plans, in collaboration with President, Asia Pacific
- Hire and manage consultants contracted to support regional events, such as: coordinators, researchers, PR firms, event organizers, etc
- Represent ULI Asia Pacific on strategic global ULI working groups and committees, as appropriate.
- Work with all areas of ULI to ensure that Asia Pacific event initiatives are integrated with other programs at ULI and that information is widely and effectively disseminated across all parts of the Institute.
- Minimum 10 years’ leadership and event management experience within APAC region.
- Proven leadership managing teams and projects
- A strategic thinker, a strong writer, a problem solver, and an excellent communicator.
- Experience with and comfort engaging with senior leaders.
- Able to maintain keen attention to details, timelines, and various moving project pieces.
- Strong facilitation and partnership skills—easily fosters relationships and partnerships with stakeholders to ensure their buy-in and follow-through program successes.
- Excellent English writing, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask while remaining detailed oriented.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and experience with web design/WordPress a plus.
- Experience with working in an international environment.
- Proficiency in oral and/or written Chinese is preferred.
- Experience in the real estate industry is preferred.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline such as real estate, urban planning or business management; MBA degree preferred
ULI has a robust benefits package that includes health, dental, life insurance and vacation leave. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please follow the link below. Please submit a CV and a letter of interest.
ULI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics. All applicants are encouraged to confirm whether any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process are required.
No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.