The Senior Manager of Communications (ULI, APAC) will support and execute communications and PR for all major initiatives and programs in the regions to raise organization profile of ULI in the region and across the globe.
This role will be primarily responsible handling and growing media relations, identifying media opportunities for regional leaders, creating speeches, and drafting social media posts for regional channels. Based in Hong Kong, the senior manager will report to and work closely with the Vice President of Communications and PR in Washington D.C, in close alignment with project leads of the region and CEO ULI Asia.
Media Relations (60%):
- Draft press releases on key announcements, events, and report launches.
- Handle day-to-day media enquiries.
- Work with external PR agencies to place interviews with key spokespeople in the media.
- Account lead for media monitoring platform, preparing media contact lists and news clip curation and analysis.
- Producing quarterly metric reports on ULI’s media outreach and impact.
- Maintaining communications calendar to manage demands from multiple stakeholders.
Social Media/ Website (20%):
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Communications and PR, Social Media Director to integrate and extend communications and PR strategies across social platforms.
- Managing the Press Room page of the ULI APAC website and creating/posting regular updates across regional websites (as part of wider communications team).
- Contribute stories on member initiatives and impact for the Institute’s annual report.
- Create and distribute newsletter on a monthly basis, in coordination with global internal communications manager.
- Support the Vice President of Communications to contribute to and manage global communications programs with the media, ULI members, partners, and the public to promote ULI’s credibility and visibility as a trusted, respected authority on all forms of land use.
- Contribute from a communications perspective to APAC’s overall communications strategy, in line with ULI’s global strategy, in addition to conferences, events, research launches.
- Collaborate as an active member of the Institute’s communications team to help raise ULI’s profile.
- Ensure that all communications materials meet global brand standards.
- Play an integral role in global launches, announcements, and member experience initiatives.
- Collaborate and support colleagues in other regions as required.
- At least 5 years’ of significant experience working in a communications role either in-house or at an agency.
- Ability to build relationships with members of the media, senior leaders of the team and external partners.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Collaborative work ethic, and ability to contribute productively to small teams, executing on shared goals, and working with a diverse set of leaders.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the capacity to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in social media platforms and experience with website management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working in an international business environment and/or membership organization beneficial.
- Bi-lingual in Chinese and English.
- Knowledge of the real estate industry, sustainability and/ or macro-economics.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public affairs, or communications-related field
To apply, please follow the link below. Please submit a CV and a letter of interest.
ULI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics. All applicants are encouraged to confirm whether any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process are required.
No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.