Urban Land Institute Philippines (ULI) is now accepting nominees for the ULI Building Healthy Places Awards in 4 Categories for Leadership in Healthy Design and Performance:
Around the world, communities face increasing health challenges related to the built environment. ULI understands the direct link between human health and development, and supports health as a core component of thriving communities. ULI’s Building Healthy Places Initiative leverages the power of ULI’s global networks to shape projects and places in ways that improve the health of people and communities. The initiative focuses on four main areas of impact: awareness; tools; value of healthy places; and commitments.
The ULI Philippines Building Healthy Places Awards recognize outstanding and innovative projects that advance design strategies that focus on the development of environments that promote healthy living in the Philippines. Through the Healthy Places Awards, ULI is working to raise awareness of the direct link between human health and the built environment and the health consequences from land use decisions and development patterns.
Award-winners will have relevance by adding value to the community, promoting healthy life choices and enhancing the environment. Nominees should contribute to significant new ideas and perspectives. Nominees and winners will be recognized at an awards ceremony and reception on July 14, 2016 in Bonifacio Global City. This activity is part of the 1st ULI Philippines – Philippine Green Building Awards for Excellence in Sustainability and Health.
ULI’s Ten Principles for Building Healthy Places are:
- Putting people first
- Empowering champions for health
- Energizing shared spaces
- Making healthy choices easy
- Ensuring equitable access
- Mixing it up
- Embracing unique character
- Promoting access to healthy food
- Making it active
- Recognizing the economic value
Click here to view the ULI Building Healthy Places Toolkit
The ULI Philippines Healthy Places Awards are open to the public and projects of all sizes. A nominal fee of USD 100.00 or PHP 4,700.00 would be collected for the application.
This activity is part of the inaugural ULI Philippines and Philippine Green Building Council Awards for Excellence in Sustainability and Health.
APPLICATION PROCESS & CHECKLIST
1. Fill out Application Form. Download application form here.
- DESCRIPTION of the project (500-word maximum)
- NARRATIVE RESPONSE to the evaluation criteria (1,000-word maximum)
- IMAGES (high resolution jpg, 10 maximum)
2. Submit to ULI Philippines / Philippine Green Building Council (Email: ULI_Philppines@uli.org) Application Fee: USD100.00 (PHP 4,700.00 + VAT) payable to Philippine Green Building Council.
- Maria Cristina Samson, President, The Net Group
- Sean C.S. Chiao, President of Asia Pacific at AECOM
- Peter Holland, Chair of ULI Australia and Director at Urbis
- Andrew Minnitt, Chief Executive Officer, Aon Philippines
- St. Luke’s Medical Center
ENTRANCE FEE for the AWARDS DINNER:
Entrance Fee: 2000 Php (VAT Inclusive) per individual or 15,000 Php for a table of 10 People (Dinner Included)
Applications Close: June 30, 2016 (EXTENDED)!
Announcement of Finalists: July 8, 2016
AWARDS NIGHT: July 14, 2016