About the ULI Asia Pacific Awards for Excellence
Recognition of excellence in land use practice has long been a guiding principle of the ULI, leading to the creation of the ULI Global Awards for Excellence programme in 1979, and the launch of an Asia Pacific competition in 2019. The programme is today widely recognised by the development community as one of its most prestigious awards.
2021 Submissions Now Open
The ULI Asia Pacific Awards for Excellence recognise the full development process of a project, not just its architecture or design—although these elements play an important role. The jury will evaluate projects and programmes on the extent to which they:
- Achieve marketplace acceptance/financial success;
- Achieve a high standard of excellence across a range of disciplines—architecture, design, planning, construction, resiliency, economics, management, etc.;
- Have a positive impact on communities and/or immediate context;
- Are environmentally sustainable and/or resilient;
- Provide a model or strategy that can be replicated in other projects or communities.
The ULI Asia Pacific Awards for Excellence recognise a wide variety of product types, including office, residential, recreational, urban/mixed use, industrial/office park, commercial/retail, new community, rehabilitation, public, open space, and legacy projects, as well as programmes and projects that do not fit into any of these product categories.
An entry fee must accompany each submission. Fees for the 2021 ULI Asia Pacific Awards for Excellence are:
- Public Sector/NGO US $250.00
- Private Sector US $600.00
Please note that these fees apply to the company or organisation submitting the application, not the type of project. For instance, a private sector company submitting a public sector project pays the private sector fee.
Chinese & Japanese instructions will be available shortly.
ULI accepts submissions through an online form. You must have a ULI account to access the form. If you do not have an account, you can create a free account (click “Create a ULI account”), which then provides access to the form.
A .pdf brochure of the 2020 winners can be found here (ENG).
For more information, please email email@example.com.