Increasingly companies are looking at policies and work practices that improve culture and are inclusive. Recent events and media coverage have highlighted the importance of evaluating practices and approaches in relation to discrimination, bullying and harassment.
Please join ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative and DLA Piper for a lunch event featuring industry experts: Helen Colquhoun, Partner, DLA Piper Hong Kong; Elizabeth Pannell, HR Business Partner MUFG Securities; and, Dr. Florence Huang, Psychologist & Founder, Thinking Trail, for a lively discussion on:
- What is legally prohibited, what are the protected categories and what constitutes discrimination and harassment
- How to establish a framework where diversity and diverse opinions are cultivated and encouraged
- How to develop a culture of encouraging internal reporting
- How to ensure training is effective and not just a “tick-the-box” exercise
- What are the pitfalls and tips for responding to complaints and dealing with disciplinary issues
- What to do when confronted by inappropriate behaviour
- Inappropriate behaviour in the workplace and related mental health issues
- Why workplace stress is beyond tension
- What are the signs of emotional abuse at work (and how to react)
About the Speakers:
Helen Colquhoun, Partner, DLA Piper Hong Kong. Helen is triple qualified in New York, England and Wales, and Hong Kong. She advises employers across a range of industries on both contentious and non-contentious employment issues such as investigations, risk management, restructuring, managing employee hiring and terminations, design of incentive schemes, and drafting contracts and handbooks. Helen frequently advises overseas employers on their operations in Hong Kong, including in relation to mandatory compliance requirements and best practice for employers in Hong Kong, immigration advice, secondments, dual contracts and general HR matters.
Elizabeth Pannell, Human Resources Business Partner, MUFG Securities. Elizabeth is a human resources professional with over ten years of experience both across London and Hong Kong. She is an experienced Strategy Program Manager focused on solutions to drive effective Talent Management, Performance and Diversity and Inclusion. Elizabeth is also an experienced HR Business Partner having worked on complex restructuring efforts for the Royal Bank of Scotland and HSBC. Elizabeth is now the Human Resources Business Partner for MUFG Securities across Asia.
Dr. Florence Huang, Psychologist & Founder, Thinking Trail. Florence is a Professor and Dissertation Chair for the PhD program in International Psychology at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. A Fellow of American Institute of Stress and a Certified Positive Psychology Wellness & Well-Being Coach, she founded Thinking Trail, where she works with individuals and organizations toward positive growth and well-being in their personal and professional lives in meaningful ways.
ULI members: Complimentary
Registration Deadline: 20 February 2019