Join us as an UrbanPlan Volunteer!
UrbanPlan is a classroom-based education program of the Urban Land Institute learning curriculum developed for senior high and university students. In the 15 class hours of the curriculum, students learn about land use and its related disciplines in business, city planning, real estate, architecture, and law.
The Mission of UrbanPlan is to create a more sophisticated level of discourse among local stakeholders involved in land use decisions through education of tomorrow’s voters, neighbors, community leaders, public officials, and land use professionals so, together, we can create better communities.
ULI Philippines runs the program in partnership with De La Salle University and De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde at the university level in Real Estate-related courses.
We are hosting a 1-day training workshop for volunteers on Friday, 16 November 2018 at De La Salle University, Rufino Campus, BGC. Come and take part of this groundbreaking and educational experience.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
- should work in the real estate and land use industries
- have at least 5 years of work experience
- Commitment: A 1-day of training session and a minimum 1 hour of classroom time per semester
- Flexible work schedule to join class sessions
- Membership in ULI is not a condition
Benefits of being a Volunteer:
- Make an impact on the next generation of citizens
- Professional development and knowledge sharing
- Networking with like-minded professionals
- Rewarding engagement with students
- Trained volunteers are allowed to participate in invite-only UrbanPlan for Public Officials workshops
Volunteers accepted into the program are invited to a 1-day training session for hands-on experience with the program and tools.
Trained volunteers serve in the classroom as Facilitators and as members of a mock City Council for final student presentations.
Deadline for applications is on October 31, 2018, Wednesday.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you as part of our volunteers of UrbanPlan!