ULI Hong Kong: Adapting to the new shopping experience – Phygital in the UK Retail Market

Back to Events
Date:
July 14
Time:
8:00 am - 8:45 am
Category:
,
Venue:
Hongkong Land Training Centre
Address:
Room 219, 2/F, Jardine House
Central, Hong Kong

In today’s turbulent world of rising phygital commerce, internet competition, increasing wage bills and reduced consumer confidence, landlords and retailers have to adapt to change. According to a recent retail study from Colliers, 15% of UK retailing may now take place online but that still leaves 85% which transacted in High Streets, shopping centres and retail parks throughout the country. For both landlords and retailers, a thorough understand of the profit margin of their businesses is the key to determine when and where to entering into the shop leasing process. The days of gut instinct are dead.

Mark Charlton, Head of Research and Forecasting from Colliers London office, will discuss the current macro environment affecting the UK retail market, highlights on the latest retailer trends in the UK and how phygital commerce is shaping the market. After the presentation, several industry professionals will join the speaker to kick off a panel discussion session to share their thoughts on the trends.


About the Speakers

Presenter:
Mark Charlton
Director, Head of Research and Forecasting
Colliers International

Mark has specialised in real estate research for 30 years. His career experience spans working for UK institutional funds, property services and international professional services businesses and a major retailer. Mark specialises in market analysis and investment related research particularly retail and has been involved in international client work in core and emerging markets

Panelist:
Janet Chan
Senior Associate Director
Benoy

Janet graduated with a Masters in Architecture from the University of Hong Kong in 2003. She has been practicing as a design architect in Hong Kong and London on various types and stages of projects including masterplanning, residential development, mixed-use commercial development and URA renewal projects.

Her passion in architecture lies in innovative designs which are responsive to contexts, harmonising new technologies with culture and tradition to celebrate the spirit of place and identity of cities around the world.

Panelist:
Kiril Popov
Senior Analyst
Fung Global Retail & Technology

Kiril Popov provides insights into the technologies and innovations reshaping today’s global retail landscape and is responsible for the Hong Kong team of Fung Global Retail and Technology, a research arm of the Fung Group. Before joining the Fung Group, Popov worked in the financial services industry, in project and structured finance and in M&A. He has been actively involved in the startup ecosystems in Hong Kong and New York, and has co-founded ventures in both the United States and Bulgaria. He holds an MBA from New York University’s Leonard N. Stern School of Business.


Event Details

Date:
Friday, July 14, 2017

Time:
7:45am – Registration
8:00am – Welcome Remarks
8:05am – Presentation
8:20am – Panel Discussion
8:45am – Ends

Venue:
Hongkong Land Training Centre
2/F, Jardine House, 1 Connaught Place
Central , Hong Kong

Fee:
ULI members: HKD100 / USD15
Non members: HKD300 / USD40
(Light breakfast will be provided)


Registration

Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Priority will be given to ULI members.

To register, please click here.

Registration deadline: Monday, July 10, 2017

Confirmation email for a place in the event will be sent on Tuesday, July 11, 2017.

Any questions? Please email: ULI_HongKong@uli.org


Event Sponsor

Hongkong Land